By entering The Next Hit Music Producer Contest ("Contest"), entrants accept and agree to be bound by these forgoing rules and regulations. Any violation of these rules and regulations will result in immediate disqualification. All decisions are final and binding in all respects.
1. AGE REQUIREMENTS: All contestants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time they sign up to be eligible to participate. Proof of age required.
2. RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS: Contest is open to residents of the United States of America, as well as international residents. Contest is void where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER: This competition is open to all amateur and professional producers. To enter Contestants must sign up on our site, read the Rules and Regulations, fill out the form, acknowledge that they read the Rules and Regulations, then make payment. All Contest entries and initial payment ($35) for early registration and ($45) for late registration become the property of B&J Entertainment, LLC and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entry and payment does not guarantee advancement. All songs/tracks entered must be completely original and must not infringe on any copyrights or any rights of a third party. YOU DO NOT LOSE RIGHTS TO YOUR SONGS/TRACKS! Entrants retain all ownership rights to every song/track submitted. The Next Hit Music Producer does not obtain any ownership rights to any song/track(s) submitted.
Online submissions will begin on January 31, 2013. Entrants will have the opportunity to submit links up to two social networks sites that feature samples of their production work. The deadline for online submissions is July 12, 2013.
On July 31, 2013 B&J Entertainment, LLC and Carvin & Ivan Productions will select producers that they feel have a chance to be chosen for the competition. These producers will be profiled on our website where our general audience will have the opportunity to rank them.
On October 28, 2013 Carvin & Ivan will announce the top producers chosen as finalists to compete in The Next Hit Music Producer. These top finalists will also have the opportunity to win prizes from one of our many sponsors.
Songs/tracks will be judged on creativity, arrangement, diversity, drum and sound selection and overall likeability.
The Next Hit Music Producer reserves the right to extend the deadline of the competition if deemed necessary.
4. PRIZES: Only one (1) winner shall be chosen to receive a production deal. If a production team is deemed the winner, the entire team will only be permitted one prize. Prizes not claimed within the required timeframe will be forfeited. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted. Prize winners will be responsible for any and all applicable taxes and fees. Winners' prize package will be distributed to the first name as it appears on the entry form. Division of prize to co-author(s) is sole responsibility of winning entrant.
5. MEDIA: B&J Entertainment, LLC and the Contest sponsors reserve the right to use the Contestant and/or the Contest winner's name, likeness, voice, biographical information and recorded comments in connection with the advertising and promotion of the Contest and B&J Entertainment, LLC and sponsors and their business. Media entries by Contestants are not property of B&J Entertainment, LLC.
6. DISQUALIFICATIONS: We reserve the right to disqualify and/or exclude, in our sole and absolute discretion, any individual from any of the auditions for any reason or for no reason at all, including without limitation, violation of any portion of these rules, or tampering with the entry process or the audition process. We also reserve the right to change the rules and procedures at any time. Being chosen to audition and/or compete at any level in the process does NOT ensure that you will be selected to continue to the next stage.
Each prospective Contestant, actual Contestant and/or Contest winner must sign an agreement releasing B&J Entertainment, LLC from liabilities in connection with the operation of the Contest, the prize and/or use of the prize. B&J Entertainment, LLC makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the prize, for any failure to perform or negligent performance of any service provider, or for any other risk, incident or damage, direct or indirect, relating to or arising out of the Contest, including (but not limited to) cancellations, postponements, delays or other scheduling changes; missed events or connections or inability of winner to attend; and accident, injury, damage or expense arising from or occurring during the Contest, or travel to/from or attendance at any event relating to the Contest, by the winner and/or winner's guest(s) without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light).
B&J Entertainment, LLC is not responsible for damage to a prize or loss of a prize after the prize has been claimed.
Any dispute or controversy arising out of or in connection with the administration of our contests shall be resolved by the management of B&J Entertainment, LLC whose decisions are final and binding.
B&J Entertainment, LLC reserves the right to make changes in the Contest rules at any time, which changes will become effective upon announcement and extend the Contest time frame as B&J Entertainment, LLC sees necessary.
Failure to conform to all Contest rules or fraud on the part of a Contest participant will result in the disqualification of such Contest participant.
B&J Entertainment, LLC is not responsible for the failure of any telecommunication system or part thereof, or for lost, late or misdirected Contest entries, whether transmitted by mail, by telephone or via Internet.
8. INDEMNITY: Contestant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless B&J Entertainment, LLC its parents, affiliates and related companies together with their respective employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders, from and against all the liabilities, claims, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees and costs) arising out of your use of the Site and/or B&J Entertainment, LLC; your failure to use the Site; your breach or alleged breach of this Agreement or your breach or alleged breach of the copyright, trademark, proprietary or other rights of third parties.
9. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules and regulations shall be governed by the laws of the State of New Jersey. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New Jersey. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New Jersey and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New Jersey. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages. This Contest is void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.